ArtRave

BannerFans.com

Saturday, October 18, 2008

BEWARE of FEDEX ACCOUNT FRAUD ~!!

I am having an ongoing nightmare with FEDEX right now~

FEDEX Fraud draining your accounts by druggie crooked employees?October 18, 2008 by Ave It all started out with some simple online art sales, on Ebay & Webidz, Plunderhere and more that I decided to open a Fedex Account.

As it turns out most of my sales have been smaller items so I use the US Postal System for delivery but have kept my new FEDEX account for anything larger…

Well this month I had one larger order that I needed shipped to me and I used my FEDEX account to pay for the shipment.

That went through my Paypal and everything looked ‘normal’.

If you arent familiar with Paypal, it will show the charges in ‘pending’ for a few days and then when it clears, will post it to you as ‘completed’.Anyway, 2 weeks after the shipment arrived [which was damaged by the way~ but that is another nightmare story~.

I got a new FEDEX MEMPHIS TN Charge on my Paypal again in 'pending'.

Initially I thought it had to do with the original shipment and that it would clear out and nothing would go wrong, but Paypal did catch it and froze my account.

I on the other hand didnt catch it but found out when my card was denied at the gas pump, that something was wrong with my Paypal debit card.

So I call Paypal and say that the card isnt working and that I was using it at the gas station and Walmart denied both times!Paypal apologized and reset my card.

Meanwhile I didnt even notice the new 'fraudulent' FEDEX MEMPHIS TN charges beginning~Next day another FEDEX MEMPHIS TN CHARGE FOR $48.39 after the first one had been caught and denied, the second one went through and was in'pending' Then a day later another charge for $49.38 - numbers similar, could it be a coincidence or could it be fraud?

I called Paypal and alerted them and without 'tracking numbers' Paypal cant do a thing til the charges complete so told me to watch it and file a dispute if they complete...
Great I have to let the thieves take the money before I can do anything about it!

I called Fedex, they too without a complete have no tracking and therefore cant help but say perhaps it was merely 'testing my account numbers' and the charges should go out of pending and expire, so I shouldnt worry.. Worry??Me??

So I go back to working on my art~making new versions of different paintings as described here, that I am listing on :
Plunderhere http://www.plunderhere.com/stores/LadyMadonnah
Webidz : http://www.webidz.com/stores/AVE
Ebay: http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/avehurleyillustrations
Etsy: www.avehurley.etsy.com

Back to the Fraud story.....

I will be glad when Paypal and Fedex clear up the fraud.

What a bust that has been over the last few days.

I used my Fedex account only once this month and paid with Paypal as usual, however one of Fedex employees, probably a drug smuggler, hacked my account and started making charges~$48.39,$48.39& $49.38 and hitting my paypal account every few days and it wasnt noticeable at first as the numbers were similar and as I have alot of little charges going all the time, these managed to go into different pages on my paypal account, eating away at it.

It wasnt til the 3rd time they charged me that I realized I had already paid for that one shipment.

I called Fedex BUT since there were 'no tracking numbers' of the new charges while they were still in pending .

Paypal said that they could cancel my card and send me a new one, so I did that~ but then the Fedex pending charges continued!

It wasnt until these fraudulent charges started to 'complete'[means my bank paid them] that any of the bogus tracking numbers became available.

Then they were able to check those ’tracking’ numbers to see what happened.

They said it began when I made my order 3 weeks ago to pick up wheels in Phoenix [my sons' order] but somehow instead of ‘testing my card’ someone took my card number and account number.

I told Fedex that the card was a virtual Paypal plugin secure card, so I didnt know how they got my real numbers.

Fedex answered that mystery saying that someone[in Fedex] had gotten my bank info from my Fedex Account internally~!!

Meanwhile this creep has been steadily draining my account.Makes me wonder how many of you out there have frequentlty used FEDEX MEMPHIS TN accounts that you may be also being ripped off and just dont know it yet!So far this week, this FEDEX THIEF has gotten $48.39,$48.39 and $49.38 [ mixed his numbers up!] all in just a couple of days!!


Using proper protocol, I filed disputes for each fraudulent charge and that person cant charge my paypal debit as it is now cancelled and Paypal will fight to get my money back, but each can still take up to 30 days.

Fedex on the other hand said they would refund the first $48.39 and it should appear within 48 hours.

They said ‘after’ the Paypal pendings complete through Paypal that it will appear on my account and then they will then ‘refund’ those as well.

The Fedex agent said she thought she could stop the pending charges and put a ‘notation’ in my record.

The Fedex agent then said it appears that the culprit was using my Fedex account numbers and could walk into any Kinkos or Fedex store and ship things that will be billed to me and that there was no way to stop it unless she closed my account immediately ~ so I said close it!!


She closed my account and then reopened a new account for me .

When we hung up, I thought that only the first $48.39 was to be refunded and the others were to be suspended, at least according to what she had told me~ ………WRONG!

Later yesterday afternoon the others came out of pending and were still withdrawn from my bank account!!

Back on the phone~The next FEDEX agent wanted my old account number[which I didnt have and no longer exists~so that agent couldnt help me~! What nonsense !!!

So as of last night I am now out over $98+,with another $49.38 coming out over the weekend, placing me somewhere around $150 stolen so far from my bank account!!None has been yet refunded and meanwhile my Ebay fees and Etsy fees and Car Insurance are now in pending and it looks like my car insurance will be the first to bounce because of this FEDEX FRAUD..


All this because of a crooked Fedex Employee that they say they cant find because all their pay terminals say FEDEX MEMPHIS TN and it is very difficult for them to track it down to its origin location.. What crap~

They'd have to have some sort of numbers identifying where the virtual charges originated~~??? Wouldnt they???Fedex also hit my bank account again with $10 pending for the new account [which the agent failed to mention, or I would NOT have opened a new account ESPECIALLY after their last goof up]I also have several pending payments through my Paypal debit for ebay supplies I bought this week [ that new canvas stock and more inks] so those will be deducted from my bank over the weekend and how many bounce fees that will cause is just unknown now as each time Paypal hits my backup funding it COULD incur another overdraft charge ~So this week I am remaining ’super stressed’.


I HOPE PEOPLE WILL BUY MY AUCTIONS WHICH WOULD COVER MY BANK TIL THE REFUNDS COME….


Even though Fedex is supposed to refund the original fraud amounts, by the time they actually do it , my bank is going to be a mess .

I highly doubt Fedex is going to reimburse any OF MY subsequent charges caused by them emptying my bank~Crooked employee or not, it was done by Fedex~!


So now I have to wait ABOUT 2 weeks for a new Paypal debit card~ and for those charges to be reimbursed which normally wouldnt be such a deal only sales have been down this week and with all the charges from Ebay and my Car Insurance will start the dominoe effect in overdrafting.My bank cant do anything about it either since I regularly use Paypal with them.

Funny I thought it was by using Paypal that my money would be secure and that by having a Fedex account that it would be secure.I never expected their own employees would be stealing from me!

FEDEX said THIS PARTICULAR TYPE OF FRAUD is actually a common problem!Also that had I perhaps used their services 5-6 times a week, I may never have noticed the fraudulent charges, so that makes me wonder how many companies are being regularly hit like this unawares~

This crook picked the wrong victim, however since I use Fedex only once this month when all these new charges started appearing I caught them right away, just I couldnt stop the wheels that were already in motion.


I called Fedex back this morning and they said that the new account pending charge of $10 wouldnt actually be withdrawn, but will expire as that was to test my new card number at Paypal.Still that hangs up an additional $10 til the virtual smoke clears~

I am just praying that their refunds go through on Monday to cover my other charges so no domino occurs.Legally I am sure I should have recourse but that too will take time.

Currently no auctions are selling besides a couple of $.50 ones on another site, so I wont even be able to cover these charges til they refund them anyway.


“I hate internet fraud“

Well that ends my rant of the day, lol..I guess things could have been worse, at least the thief was keeping the amounts in the $40+ ranges.It could have been ‘more’… but for the limited income I am on, this is the same as stealing thousands from me.. it is crippling!!!


Fedex said that using smaller random amounts, keeps the thieves ‘under the wire’ and undetected by many.

They said that usually it is usually stolen things or drugs being mailed from one location to another and that often the deliveries go to places that are met by the intended recipient who then leaves and when police check it out, the occupants have nothing to do with any of it, just as I have had nothing to do with it..

Dangerous day and age when two bit drug dealers become internet saavy and can hack accounts to cover their tracks~

It can occur as simply as a Fedex employee HIMSELF OR even letting any ‘friend’ see records or accounts and then that person can do all the damage at another location or from online.

I was probably stupid to let them open a new account for me now~

I think after I get all my refunds, I will cancel the new acct too.The USPostal Service is alot more reliable and I use that most of the time anyway..Well as soon as the debit card smoke clears, I will be shipping again so it may take a few more days til I get things out.

This debochle has left me dead in the water broke now til I either get the refunds or some sales on my auction sites…My cats are officially on table food til this ends as well.They dont mind, it makes them feel special~ [ I just hope they will go back on their normal cat food afterwards]

Today the van is being towed from where it broke down the other night, but I can pay that later to my mechanic so by the time it is fixed I should have more money… hopefully.

We got cold here last night and the furnace kicked on.Tonight it is supposed to drop into the 20’s ~!I live in the mountains in North Central Pennsylvania, just about 1/2 way across the state and up near to the border.The area is beautiful most of the year, but usually cooler than other areas. We get less than a month of the over 90 stuff but often during summer its low 80’s to upper 70’s.

Nights often are in the 60’s so it saves on airconditioning..My furnace has kicked on as late as June, so it is alot different than the southwest..Well this is getting too long, already lol…

I just wanted to warn you and others about Fedex today, so you can also warn others~!

Have a good weekend!
Ave
__________________Thankyou and have a great day!Ave

1 comment:

Tiredofbeingrippedoff said...

It's starting again - I would have never known it, if I wasn't sick and had been sleeping at the time the transaction went through. I actually had two transactions from this company and didn't even know about the first. The first was never completed for $19.18 and dropped off. The second was today 9/22/2014 for $25.62 and shows pending. When we make a label out with Ebay, there should be no fee on your Paypal account from Fed Ex, because the fees go into your seller fees on Ebay. Everyone, keep watch. Copy and paste these exact words and check your Paypal account.. Purchase-Federal Express,Memphis,TN,